Team Mac wins Lysekil Women’s Match 2019
– Macgregor takes third consecutive Women’s Match Racing World Championship
This year’s edition of Lysekil Women’s Match – the world’s greatest match racing competition for female sailors – is over. Lucy Macgregor, with her Team Mac, sailed home the gold in Lysekil Women’s Match 2019 and this year’s Women’s Match Racing World Championship.
Macgregor showed why she is the two-time reigning world champion when she won over Claire Leroy with 3-0 in the tough final, taking home the gold, and 100 000 Swedish kronor in prize money.
– I am honestly speechless! Absolutely thrilled, such a fantastic feeling, says Macgregor right after the final finish.
The bronze went to Pauline Courtois, and her Match in Pink by Normandy Elite Team, after defeating the Dutch Match Racing Team 2-1.
Anna Holmdahl White, project manager for Lysekil Women’s Match, sums up the week:
– We are super happy! What a week, great sailing with good weather conditions and such a strong line-up. Great interest from both the media and audience. This year’s Lysekil Women’s Match was like a festival, just as we like it.
Results in Lysekil Women’s Match / Women’s Match Racing World Championship 2019 (team - crew - nationality, prize money):
1. Team Mac – Lucy Macgregor, Amy Sparks, Bethan Carden, Mary Rook, Kate Macgregor – GBR, SEK 100 000
2. Mermaid Sailing Team – Claire Leroy, Mathilde Geron, Julie Gerecht, Lola Billy, Sigrid Longeau – FRA, SEK 47 000
3. Match in Pink by Normandy Elite Team – Pauline Courtois, Maëlenn Lemaître, Louise Acker, Nathalie Corson , Sophie Faguet – FRA, SEK 39 000
4. Dutch Match Racing Team – Renée Groeneveld, Marcelien Bos – de Koning, Marieke Jongens, Marije Tijssen-Kampen, Mijke Lievens – NED, SEK 31 000
5. WINGS – Anna Östling, Annie Wennergren, Linnéa Wennergren, Marie Berg, Annika Carlunger – SWE, SEK 27 000
6. Team Emerson – Marie Björling Duell, Anna Holmdahl White, Elisabeth Nilsson, Jenny Axhede, Anna Nordlander – SWE, SEK 24 000
7. Team Bergqvist Match Racing – Johanna Bergqvist, Isabelle Bergqvist, Johanna Thiringer, Ellinor Hansson, Julia Carlsson – SWE, SEK 19 000
8. Vela Racing – Nicole Breault, Allie Blecher, Karen Loutzenheiser, Beka Schiff, Carina Becker – USA, SEK 13 000
9. Team Kattnakken – Trine Palludan, Sille Christensen, Lea Richter Vogelius, Vivi Møller, Joan Wester Hansen – DEN
10. L2 Match Racing Team – Marinella Laaksonen, Sofia Tynkkynen, Camilla Cedercreutz, Henna Holopainen, Catharina Sandman – FIN
11. Swiss Women Match Racing Team – Alexa Bezel, Fiona Testuz, Manon Kivell, Andrea Nordquist, Blandine Jaffrain – SUI
12. Matchmoiselles by Normandy Elite Team – Margot Vennin, Juliette Dubreuil, Clotilde Ponçon, Chloé Salou, Sophonie Affagard – FRA
Standings in WIM Series 2019 after two events (team, skipper, nationality, points):
1. Match in Pink by Normandy Elite Team, Pauline Courtois – FRA, 45
2. WINGS, Anna Östling – SWE, 38
3. Team Emerson, Marie Björling Duell – SWE, 30
4. Team Mac, Lucy Macgregor – GBR, 25
5. Matchmoiselles by Normandy Elite Team, Margot Vennin – FRA, 25
6. L2 Match Racing Team, Marinella Laaksonen – FIN, 25
7. Mermaid Sailing Team / New Sweden Match Racing Team, Claire Leroy – FRA, 22
8. Team Kattnakken, Trine Palludan / Lea Richter Vogelius – DEN, 22
9. Dutch Match Racing Team, Renée Groeneveld – NED, 18
10. Team Bergqvist Match Racing, Johanna Bergqvist – SWE, 12
11. APCC Women Sailing Team, Margot Riou – FRA, 12
12. Vela Racing, Nicole Breault – USA, 10
13. No Name Sailing Team, Chloé Le Bars – FRA, 10
14. Swiss Women Match Racing Team, Alexa Bezel – SUI, 6
The Womens International Match Racing Series (WIM Series) is the first and only professional sailing series for women, hosted by the Womens International Match Racing Association (WIMRA) and joined by the worlds leading women match racing sailors. Match racing is sailed in two identical boats around a short course, providing fast action close to the crowds on shore. The intense racing is just as exciting for the spectators as it is strategically, tactically and physically challenging for the competing crews.
The WIM Series is hosted by WIMRA. Official suppliers are Sailnet, SEBAGO, Beckman Media, FREDAG, Klockworks and Match Racing Results Service.
For more information on the 2019 WIM Series, visit www.wimseries.com or follow us on social media:
Images: A number of hi-res images are available for download on www.wimseries.com/media/
More information about the Women¹s International Match Racing Series:
WIM Series Press Officer Fabian Bengtsson, firstname.lastname@example.org
WIM Series Director Anna Holmdahl White, email@example.com
WIM Series Race Manager Liz Baylis, firstname.lastname@example.org